MegaMAID's Parenting Parables

Life moves fast! Taking time to write (or read) about it sometimes helps keep things in perspective. Below you'll find a few thoughts from Meg, a MAID in Maryland...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

“Mother Addicted to Irish Dance” (MAID) is a title that I first began to earn in the summer of 2003. Watching my daughter express the music of my ancestry through this beautiful art form stirred in me a joy that was … all-consuming! It led to an “addiction” that I continue to feed as a parent, as a writer, as an adult dancer, and as an enthusiastic Craic participant.

December 07, 2007

Post Oireachtas Poetry

Tis the week after Oireachtas
And all through my home
Nothing is decorated
And dust bunnies do roam.
The pumpkin still sits
On the front porch, you know,
And Wednesday was covered
With four inches of snow.
I must now switch gears!
Must be ready on time!
Break out the dark chocolate!
Break out the red wine!
There are cards to be written
There are presents to get!
But instead here I sit……..

…writing poems on Dancenet

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second that! Must decorate and shop this weekend! (And I spend the Thursday before the O trying to change holiday song lyrics for the O! Great minds!) Kris

8:36 PM  
Blogger Taoknitter said...

Fantastic! You are a woman after my own procrastinating heart...tho' I do truly think my idea of procrastinating is more brutal than yours!!!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home