MegaMAID's Parenting Parables

Life moves fast! Taking time to write (or read) about it sometimes helps keep things in perspective. Below you'll find a few thoughts from Meg, a MAID in Maryland...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

“Mother Addicted to Irish Dance” (MAID) is a title that I first began to earn in the summer of 2003. Watching my daughter express the music of my ancestry through this beautiful art form stirred in me a joy that was … all-consuming! It led to an “addiction” that I continue to feed as a parent, as a writer, as an adult dancer, and as an enthusiastic Craic participant.

November 24, 2007

Music Video

On the list of stress antidotes, laughter ranks as high as dark chocolate and red wine. So, to my fellow MAIDs and Irish dance enthusiasts who (like me) may be experiencing some pre-Oireachtas stress…… WATCH THIS!



The women in the music group “Uncle Earl” are friends with Maureen Berry (TCRG and Owner/Director of the Teelin School of Irish Dance). When given the opportunity to shoot their first music video, Uncle Earl asked Maureen to choreograph it and dance in it along with several other dancer friends. It was an incredibly fun project, which required a marathon weekend of dancing and filming in Nashville last June.

The video is being aired by MTV in China. Why China? Dunno really. They must have a thing for Old Time music over there. The lyrics are sung by Abby, who is fluent in Chinese. (I don’t think she’s actually saying, “eBay”, but given that I am NOT fluent in Chinese, I really haven’t a clue what she’s saying.)

In addition to the extreme fun of this video, I am very impressed with Uncle Earl. Here’s an interview with the group:



Well, back to the task of unpacking the suitcases from the Thanksgiving trip, and leaving them in the corner to be packed for the trip to Atlanta next weekend… still laughing as I sort the laundry loads… wondering what other adventures this amazing world of Irish dance will bring our way…

(Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Maureen is... is... Wow! What I mean is... uh....wow!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home