MegaMAID's Parenting Parables

Life moves fast! Taking time to write (or read) about it sometimes helps keep things in perspective. Below you'll find a few thoughts from Meg, a MAID in Maryland...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

“Mother Addicted to Irish Dance” (MAID) is a title that I first began to earn in the summer of 2003. Watching my daughter express the music of my ancestry through this beautiful art form stirred in me a joy that was … all-consuming! It led to an “addiction” that I continue to feed as a parent, as a writer, as an adult dancer, and as an enthusiastic Craic participant.

October 11, 2006

Beyond the Step

Timing. Rhythm.
Cross. Turnout. Toes.
Arms.
Lift.
Technique. Impressive.

A graceful smile. An expression of pure pleasure.
Each movement remains its own
yet blends into the next with ease
like an inhale moving to an exhale.
Distinctly separate, seamlessly joined.
Music is seen, felt, not heard.
Dance. Inspirational.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your blog.
Brilliant poem!

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home