MegaMAID's Parenting Parables

Life moves fast! Taking time to write (or read) about it sometimes helps keep things in perspective. Below you'll find a few thoughts from Meg, a MAID in Maryland...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

“Mother Addicted to Irish Dance” (MAID) is a title that I first began to earn in the summer of 2003. Watching my daughter express the music of my ancestry through this beautiful art form stirred in me a joy that was … all-consuming! It led to an “addiction” that I continue to feed as a parent, as a writer, as an adult dancer, and as an enthusiastic Craic participant.

September 23, 2006

A Time to Laugh

Recently my husband had the opportunity to introduce our friend, ZandB, to a previously unfamiliar adult beverage. Reading the label as ZandB enjoyed this beverage had me in stitches - it so accurately describes him!!!

http://www.theakstons.co.uk/LA/OldPeculier.htm

In fact, even the advertisements on that website are appropriate:

“…with a character all its own”
“…has a large and enthusiastic following… all around the world”
“… ‘The Legend’… with a long history”

(I so enjoy time together with our dance friends... We're a diverse group with a common interest, and it sure is fun to laugh together!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so YOUR DH (dear husband) was the one who introduced Peculiar to Z&B, and hence why I got to enjoy one after a particular evening of driving my child TO dance classes, but running out of gas enroute home. Yes, I've found your blog! -- Robin

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home