MegaMAID's Parenting Parables

Life moves fast! Taking time to write (or read) about it sometimes helps keep things in perspective. Below you'll find a few thoughts from Meg, a MAID in Maryland...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

“Mother Addicted to Irish Dance” (MAID) is a title that I first began to earn in the summer of 2003. Watching my daughter express the music of my ancestry through this beautiful art form stirred in me a joy that was … all-consuming! It led to an “addiction” that I continue to feed as a parent, as a writer, as an adult dancer, and as an enthusiastic Craic participant.

January 27, 2007

Late For Everything These Days

I’m mailing our Christmas cards today. My smart-mouthed sister asked, “For which year?” She does have a point. I debated waiting a bit longer and calling them Valentine’s Day cards or St. Patrick’s Day cards, or even Easter cards if the procrastination continued so severely. But this year’s cards are picture cards, so I suppose it would be nice to send them whilst the subjects in the photo still resemble themselves.

If you’re not on my Christmas card list, here’s a peek…
Meg, Scott, Katie (8), Ellie (4) and Bear (14)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

January is the typical month for people to diligently address their New Year’s resolutions, right? Well, in an attempt to avoid guilt, I decided not to make any New Year’s resolutions. I am, however, doing some soul searching and taking stock of my priorities. It feels a bit like spring cleaning. (Wow, does that mean I’m actually early for something, since it’s still winter?!? Nah, probably not….)

IF I had made any New Year’s resolutions, one would have been to post something on this blog at least once a month. My original intention of creating this blog was to journal our family’s involvement in Irish dance through the years, and to share perspective with anyone else interested. That intention still stands. I’m just having trouble keeping up. Irish dance has managed to infiltrate every aspect of my life, which creates great fodder for writing. But unfortunately, finding time to write seems to consistently get squished out of the schedule… and Irish dance, itself, is most often to blame! Go figure.

So, dear readers, thanks for stopping by every so often even though new posts on this blog are rare. Next on my list of blog-worthy posts is the story of Katie’s first Oireachtas experience. It’s a rather large project, though, thanks to the gazillion-and-one photographs of her that Scott and ZandB managed to take at that regional championship competition event. But I will get to it eventually. I’m just… (yes, you guessed it)… late for everything these days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally gave up on the idea of sending out Christmas cards:) Unless I can hand-deliver, or e-mail. But, you'd be on my list if we DID send them out! You're doing a ton -- muse and reflect when you can, even write about it, whenever. It's okay. Enjoy life and its blessings. If you can write about it, also, then great. (I'm woefully behind in my own) :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

I am so happy you have a blog! I have been writing on my own blog for over a year now. I, too, am always late. I can't seem, to get us out the door, I can't seem to buy groceries before the minute dinner is to be fixed, laundry before we need to wear something. I look forward to reading about what is going on in your life!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home